Thursday, June 22, 2006

A Greater Evil Than.....Evil

There are only a few things I really hate in the world and few of those rank up there with valet parking. I know many people just love it. You don't have to worry about finding a parking spot in a crowded area, etc. That's a nice thing, I agree. But the part I hate is what you have to do to get that convenience.

Primarily, you have to give your keys to a complete stranger, who very easily could have a lengthy (violent?) criminal record. Not only that, but if anything happens to your car, they're not responsible (they tell you that on the ticket). So you pay a psychopath $20 to park your car, which may be scratched, wrecked, stolen, have its spare tire stolen (yeah...make sure you check that, especially if you have a nice rim on the spare...trust me...it happens) etc...and it's your fault. Or even worse, you could have the valet make a copy of your keys, then break into your house, set up hidden video cameras then hide under your bed for two days. Sound crazy? Well, That's exactly what happened to this poor woman.

Why on earth would you give a complete stranger your keys!??? OH YEAH! They're a "valet". Dumb....but everybody's doing it.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sir. You need to visit, Mr. Doctor for you paranoia. How many times in history has something like this happened? Do you frequently go to places without valet parking Sir?

Subleum said...

The question is, how many times has this happened to *me*. The answer is once for the tire, never for the stalking. However, valets need to be removed. Maybe we need a public valet re-education program. I'd vote for that. They'd probably make good fence builders for the new US-Mexico fence.

Anonymous said...

once i was driving and I got in a wreck....

i should never drive again..

once i dated a crazy girl too. maybe I should not date

Anonymous said...

once i was driving and I got in a wreck....

i should never drive again..

once i dated a crazy girl too. maybe I should not date

Subleum said...

Once I burned my hand completely off in a kettle of molten iron. I should never stick my hand in molten iron again.

Anonymous said...

Sir, it sounds like you are saying evil is greater than itself. Or a corn cob is greater than say another corn cob. Why Sir why?